Classic Volume / Volume / Tone passive path version, replicating original J style wiring. • Volume / Blend / Tone version for those who prefer a master volume.
• Push-Pull active/passive on Passive Tone.
• Class A FET input stage for great sound quality, with master gain trim preset adjuster. • Highly responsive Bass and Treble control adjustments in active.
• Frequency Wheels to set the width of the bass and treble spectrums individually.
• Passive Tone is always operational, in both active and passive.
• Passive Tone has plug-in tone cap to allow easy swapping of the cap value for different roll-off frequencies.
• Bass control can be set as boost/cut or boost only, with an internal jumper link setting.
• Screw terminals for all external connections - pickups and grounding, for easy installation.
• Designed as drop-in replacement for standard J electronics with no physical changes to the instrument*.
• Design allows 9V Battery to t beneath the preamp in a standard J style bass.
Note: * The J-Tone will t in the majority of J style basses, but the routing width and depth of cavities does vary, so we can’t guar- antee t. It’s important to check that a 9V battery drops into the cavity close to the jack, and that there’s a depth of 32mm.